H22A
By foxgearshift
#263198 so i did h22 swap it was great driving it until the second day i started to hear the axle binding i took it back to the shop and emaild frank @driveshaftshop he asked me to check the axle length i did and found out the shaft is too long at passenger side frank sent me another shaft installed it and still the binding is there i cant figure it what can possibly be the problem any ideas of what to check or what to do?
by thye way the car is not lowerd!
By Eg6H2D
#263222 Damn..

Did you convert your brake system to the ITR?
By mooze
#263312 did u ever get the placement of swap checked out at the shop?
By foxgearshift
Damn..

Did you convert your brake system to the ITR?

yep i did itr 5 lugs converssion and my outer cv joint are 36mm

was your car originally an Auto?.

nop it is manual from the factory
By foxgearshift
mooze Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:57 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

did u ever get the placement of swap checked out at the shop?

they checked it and they insist that the engine is placed right and nothing wrong with the swap! they keep saying its the axle... :(
By foxgearshift
#263836 today i went to check on my car they said they opened the outer cv joint cleaned it put new grease and problem was solved so i test drive the car and there was no binding on turning but when i shifted down from third to second the bludy sound came back again!! now only when i slow down and shift to lower gear the binding sound will appear, damn its killing me :x
By elrompetoto
foxgearshift wrote:today i went to check on my car they said they opened the outer cv joint cleaned it put new grease and problem was solved so i test drive the car and there was no binding on turning but when i shifted down from third to second the bludy sound came back again!! now only when i slow down and shift to lower gear the binding sound will appear, damn its killing me :x
make them urself way cheaper and work better
By Eg6H2D
#264059 Sounds like a trans issue with the down shifting and what not.... has it been rebuilt or is it the orignal trans..!!? I would check into that.. DSS not lubricating the axle properly does not down right at all... on top they use a performance grease on their axle upon assembly im sure!!!
By foxgearshift
elrompetoto wrote:
foxgearshift wrote:today i went to check on my car they said they opened the outer cv joint cleaned it put new grease and problem was solved so i test drive the car and there was no binding on turning but when i shifted down from third to second the bludy sound came back again!! now only when i slow down and shift to lower gear the binding sound will appear, damn its killing me :x
make them urself way cheaper and work better

i allready spent alot of money for them dont want to get rid of them atleast not now!
By foxgearshift
EG6b20R wrote:Sounds like a trans issue with the down shifting and what not.... has it been rebuilt or is it the orignal trans..!!? I would check into that.. DSS not lubricating the axle properly does not down right at all... on top they use a performance grease on their axle upon assembly im sure!!!

it is the original transs when i bought the the engine it had 80,000km on it and most of engine parts that i replaced was like new so i thought of keeping the transs as it is for a wile, as for the lubricant i did notice that thats why they replaced the performance grease and now its much better no sounds on turning only when shifting down u can hear it...
By jigga36
#264288 i had the same problem! When u use Hasport mounts u have to also use Hasport axles. The placement of the engine may be correct but DSS axles dont work with the Hasport mounts. I switched to Enjo mounts with DSS axles and absolutely no more binding. Try new mounts or Hasport axles and the problem should be fixed
By foxgearshift
jigga36 wrote:i had the same problem! When u use Hasport mounts u have to also use Hasport axles. The placement of the engine may be correct but DSS axles dont work with the Hasport mounts. I switched to Enjo mounts with DSS axles and absolutely no more binding. Try new mounts or Hasport axles and the problem should be fixed

enjo mounts?? mm are you sure bro dont want to buy another mounts and still face same problem
By jigga36
#264410 http://www.jaydm.com/enjo this is where i got my mounts from, this helped my binding problems but its all part of the car swap game u hav to spend money. i cant give you a garentee