H22A
By bk_civiceg
#250906 I've been gathering up my parts for an H22a build in my white hatch this summer and I'm wondering if the little stock radiator will be enough for the H22a. Has anyone had problems with their H22 overheating because of this? Also, I am going to try to make my own H2d adapter plate because I have access to a machine shop and I'm rather proficient on the mill, but what needs to be done with the flywheel situation? I think the D series flywheel is 6 bolt, while the H flywheel is 8 bolt. So which flywheel should I use or do I need to make a little adapter for that? Thanks
By foxgearshift
#250939 the radiater should be fine dipand on ur place wether in my place i cant keep stock rad coz in summer it gett really hot
By mooze
#250940 stock radiator works fine...h2d flywheel is a d series flywheel with a h series configuration...and it stands out a bit farther than either of the stock ones so you would have to space it some type of way
By mooze
foxgearshift wrote:the radiater should be fine dipand on ur place wether in my place i cant keep stock rad coz in summer it gett really hot

your stock rad should work as well.....even though your in a very hot environment (i know since im in it 2) the temperature at which the block sustains is well above what it reachs out in these regions....with me being from the south in the US it get quite as well as the US deserts which i just left a couple of years ago
By Eg6H2D
#251011 Yeap what mooze said about the flywheel it stick out more. and the center is the h22 8 bolt but the contact area is for the d series because you will be using a D series clutch..

if you want holler at neuking.com for a new rad if you want to be safer. with a slim fan..
By mooze
#251018 if u go with the slim fan i recommend a shroud be used with it
By Eg6H2D
#251032 yeap slimfan.com. plug and play with shroud! :thumb:
By bk_civiceg
#251565 Sweet thanks! The problem would be making the d series flywheel 8 bolt...
By mooze
#251733 the shroud acts as a director for the air used to cool the radiator. Without it air that should be doing an efficient job of cooling your radiator fluid can be working at half efficiency or less as it just going to pass over the radiator, unlike the fan with the shroud which the fan pull all the air that enters the shroud. This is especially true if you're sitting in traffic when your car relies on the fan to draw air through the radiator.