H22A
By Eg6H2D
foxgearshift wrote:
mooze wrote:
EG6b20R wrote:
mooze wrote:
EG6b20R wrote:
mooze wrote:the swap...its very important u get that thing in before you start changing anything else. fitment is key with this whole swap

Almost there. Ended up doing something completely diferent and works but cost a few more $$ and there is enough clearance so there is now cutting of the frame. Custom axles are going to be used though. Which i was going to end up buying upgraded axles anyways

yeah thats what i did initially 2 but went to the original plan after running into to may issues with binding and such

u wnet the same way? what other issues aside from binding did you end up running into??

the biggest one was block placement. block was always to low. ruined 3 sets of headers in less than 2 weeks and bending oil pan. and its going to affect oil pressure. and kept running into binding issues kept coming up and i was getting axles made with each adjustment... wasnt worth it.

bro, seeing all this i think u better look for someting that bolts up without the need to do any other modifications, an H into a civic can make you hate your self. isnt there a diffrent mounts that can make you avoid all this ?

Too late now.

it's all going to bolt up. this is the best way that has been tried that gave the best clearance on all corners. No cutting frame rails or shock towers. . it's still in the works. the trans mount finally arrived and is being worked on,. . will post up once done.

Axle alignment was noted and measurement taken to see where it wont bind to place this new mount in the correct location to have the same measurement So axle binding will not occur. after all that would be the only issue here. after it's custom length axles to fit.
Almost There! after all this. only other option would be going K series!

It's going to work.
By Eg6H2D
foxgearshift wrote:hope every thing works for you, really wanna see how it performs on the street :thumb:

Thanks. Ill keep this updated.
By Eg6H2D
#324787 Almost Done!

What's left. Exhaust welded up

Wire up! and Axles!

Vrrmmm Vrrmmm

:woot: +

Frame rail getting painted as well

By Fada Blayne
#324790 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#324793 yes sir more please
By mooze
#324818 did you use the rear mount? and does the hood shut like its stock?
By Fada Blayne
#324864 He did use the rear mount and no he had to use hod spacers in the rear
By Eg6H2D
#325128 Currently header issue. this is a PLM Tri Y header for a H22. Not H2B that's why it's angled that way. so it will need to be modded. until a better replacement header is custom made for me.

And this is the CLEARANCE on the DRIVER SIDE of the Crank Pulley JDM H23Vtec/F20B single belt pulley..

I really did not want to hack up the engine bay at all Nor the Frame rails the orinal support of the Chassis so this was the best way and Look It has worked out in our favor thus far! Couldnt be any happier.

So What's left is weld up the head to exhaust.
CUSTOM Axles for the difference in Length. and wire it up and start it up..

Oh yea and do something with this hood.

By kylenjdm93
#325145 im curious as to how this thing will run, as far as exceleration and mph max per gear.

people generally use the h2b setup as the b series trans are beasts. and able to handle the power of the 2.2 liter.

ive broken a lot of d series trannys with an old turbo set up I had. lol.

would you be willing to post up a video when done?
By Eg6H2D
kylenjdm93 wrote:im curious as to how this thing will run, as far as exceleration and mph max per gear.

people generally use the h2b setup as the b series trans are beasts. and able to handle the power of the 2.2 liter.

ive broken a lot of d series trannys with an old turbo set up I had. lol.

would you be willing to post up a video when done?

of course I will post a vid once it's in use.

This trans is prepped. for you to break transmissiong is usually driver error. banging into gears and hard shifting and so on.

This D series Gear set is prepped for abuse. so it will hold alot of power and more then likely what ever is thrown at it. Not like im going to beat the heck out of it. since I do take care of things.

but yes. the 1st thing was will it hold. and as far as Ive read up ont he D trans it will. gears are generally stubbier then the b Series taking more to abuse and handling alot better. plus what ive done on top of that, this trans further extends that .

Stay Tuned..
By kylenjdm93
#325156 I took care of my little d16z6 turbo set up I had, im a machinest by trade, so I always take care of my things, im borderline ocd when it comes to my cars. and house for that matter. :thumb:

your right about the stout d series trannys versus the b, if you maintain your shift linkages and bushings you should never have a serious problem, and with the sohc being one of the mass produced engine family made by Honda you can pick up a decent tranny for 100 bucks in my town off craigslist. in decent condition. people don't know what they have :D

if yours turns out nicely I may have to do a similar set up with my h22a, Ive had that long block for 5 years now, mildly built, so im curious as to what it can do with a d series tranny

may turn that into my daily beast instead of my k coupe wich will never get done since im also looking for a freakin hatch to throw the k20a into.

I picked up a nice clean 4 door eg that I wanted to run a h2b in it, but like I said if the h2d turns out nicely ill have to do it as I have 4 d16z6 trannys in my garage just sitting there.