H22A
By Eg6H2D
#243194 H2D monster on the way!!

Last edited by Eg6H2D on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Eg6H2D
{ikon}EM1 wrote:Can't wait to see the outcome

Me either! Im still debating H22A or H23A Vtec. the difference is the Longer stroke in the H23A which in turn gives a lil bump in torque when tuned.. but your limited on the RPM to about 7500. with the H22 u can go higher on RPM and make more power up to 8200. and that's with stock internals..
Lets say the h22 makes 191Whp and 154Tq, the H23 would make about 191whp and 162 Tq. get the concept here?

So im in btwn motors got about 2 weeks to decide..
By chrono404
#243212 Nice! This will be an awesome setup.

I was torn between the two when wanting to do H2B on my Sol. I eventually decided to go on the H23A VTEC(Blue Top) as you have more torque and have it lower. The Saying "Horsepower sales cars, Torque Wins Races" has alot of truth in it.

H23 VTEC Torque curves are also very very nice, I was sad when I couldn't fit the H2B setup under my hood.

Just my 2 cents.
By JUICE
#243215 bluetops are pretty gangster..

how interchangeable are parts between the two? i'd just make sure parts for it don't have to be ordered from japan only..
By ghskid06
#243219 Nice man, that is going to be fun, def go with more torque. Ive never heard chrono's saying, but the way i was taught as a kid is this "torque gets you up to speed, hp keeps you there" Yes its not quite that simple but its good to think about.

chrono404 wrote:Nice! This will be an awesome setup.

I was sad when I couldn't fit the H2B setup under my hood.

How much clearance did you need? does that mean that h2d wont fit either? Im not familiar with how these things work.
By Eg6H2D

I was torn between the two when wanting to do H2B on my Sol. I eventually decided to go on the H23A VTEC(Blue Top) as you have more torque and have it lower. The Saying "Horsepower sales cars, Torque Wins Races" has alot of truth in it.

H23 VTEC Torque curves are also very very nice, I was sad when I couldn't fit the H2B setup under my hood.

Just my 2 cents.

I feel yea. Ive heard similar. Like torque is what moves the car.. lol. it's like 2 engines same car, same weight...

Both have 220whp. one has 160Tq and the other 171Tq. who wins?

Uhhhh Decisions decisions.

My Fabricator gets the motors pretty cheap and it's a $100 diff between the 2 H23A Vtec being the $100 more..
By chrono404
ghskid06 wrote:Nice man, that is going to be fun, def go with more torque. Ive never heard chrono's saying, but the way i was taught as a kid is this "torque gets you up to speed, hp keeps you there" Yes its not quite that simple but its good to think about.

How much clearance did you need? does that mean that h2d wont fit either? Im not familiar with how these things work.

This is with a QSD H2B Kit, The EVO and Bisi kits sit a little lower. The H2D Kits will be similar to the H2b Kits, Same Idea, just different transmissions.

EG6b20R wrote:I feel yea. Ive heard similar. Like torque is what moves the car.. lol. it's like 2 engines same car, same weight...

My Fabricator gets the motors pretty cheap and it's a $100 diff between the 2 H23A Vtec being the $100 more..

If its only 100 bucks difference I would totally jump on the H23, They are much rarer engine. Before you make your dicision, check out this awesome thread : http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2341343
By Eg6H2D
chrono404 wrote:
ghskid06 wrote:Nice man, that is going to be fun, def go with more torque. Ive never heard chrono's saying, but the way i was taught as a kid is this "torque gets you up to speed, hp keeps you there" Yes its not quite that simple but its good to think about.

This is with a QSD H2B Kit, The EVO and Bisi kits sit a little lower. The H2D Kits will be similar to the H2b Kits, Same Idea, just different transmissions.

EG6b20R wrote:I feel yea. Ive heard similar. Like torque is what moves the car.. lol. it's like 2 engines same car, same weight...

If its only 100 bucks difference I would totally jump on the H23, They are much rarer engine. Before you make your dicision, check out this awesome thread : http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2341343

Did u have to cut the middle out? Mooze didnt have to. Well actually havent seen a pic with the hood closed yet. the whole car pic i believe is the Single in there still. I would hate it if i have to cut the middle of the hood. i wouldnt do it. id find another way.. well ill see what happens. because the Hydro kit from Bisi doesnt bring the mounts for the EG only for the EF. and his H2B kit brings the mounts. So for me id have to use my Innovatives and My builder/tuner has to fab up a bracket or brakets to re arrange the motor to sit right.. Hopefully he works his magic!! it's just brackets.. and he said hell make it happen..

So we shall see. ill be posting up pics of the process for all to see..

and about the h23A is the redline. i like to redline high!! lol. and make full use of the power. where is/was your redline set?
By chrono404
EG6b20R wrote:Did u have to cut the middle out? Mooze didnt have to. Well actually havent seen a pic with the hood closed yet. the whole car pic i believe is the Single in there still. I would hate it if i have to cut the middle of the hood. i wouldnt do it. id find another way.. well ill see what happens. because the Hydro kit from Bisi doesnt bring the mounts for the EG only for the EF. and his H2B kit brings the mounts. So for me id have to use my Innovatives and My builder/tuner has to fab up a bracket or brakets to re arrange the motor to sit right.. Hopefully he works his magic!! it's just brackets.. and he said hell make it happen..

and about the h23A is the redline. i like to redline high!! lol. and make full use of the power. where is/was your redline set?

You dont have to cut the hoods on EG's, only the Sols due to their lower noses. That Delsol isn't mine. I took a Picture from somone who has done an H2B Delsol via Honda-Tech - http://htarchive.org/showthread.php?t=1982628
By Eg6H2D
chrono404 wrote:
EG6b20R wrote:Did u have to cut the middle out? Mooze didnt have to. Well actually havent seen a pic with the hood closed yet. the whole car pic i believe is the Single in there still. I would hate it if i have to cut the middle of the hood. i wouldnt do it. id find another way.. well ill see what happens. because the Hydro kit from Bisi doesnt bring the mounts for the EG only for the EF. and his H2B kit brings the mounts. So for me id have to use my Innovatives and My builder/tuner has to fab up a bracket or brakets to re arrange the motor to sit right.. Hopefully he works his magic!! it's just brackets.. and he said hell make it happen..

You dont have to cut the hoods on EG's, only the Sols due to their lower noses. That Delsol isn't mine. I took a Picture from somone who has done an H2B Delsol via Honda-Tech - http://htarchive.org/showthread.php?t=1982628

Awesome thank god!! lol
By mooze
JUICE wrote:bluetops are pretty gangster..

how interchangeable are parts between the two? i'd just make sure parts for it don't have to be ordered from japan only..

everything can b used from a usdm h22 and h23 ... the only part u should have to order is the pistons if u were to want the oem h23a pistons
By mooze
EG6b20R wrote:
chrono404 wrote:

Did u have to cut the middle out? Mooze didnt have to. Well actually havent seen a pic with the hood closed yet. the whole car pic i believe is the Single in there still. I would hate it if i have to cut the middle of the hood. i wouldnt do it. id find another way.. well ill see what happens. because the Hydro kit from Bisi doesnt bring the mounts for the EG only for the EF. and his H2B kit brings the mounts. So for me id have to use my Innovatives and My builder/tuner has to fab up a bracket or brakets to re arrange the motor to sit right.. Hopefully he works his magic!! it's just brackets.. and he said hell make it happen..

the last picture in my thread is a pic with the h23a h2d installed.... redline is 7k given by the owner of an actual ch9
By Eg6H2D
#246403 Ohhhhhhh maaaannnnnn... look what arrived today!!!

:woot: