H22A
By user1
#237539 Excuse my lack of knowledge but i have a few questions. I bought an eg with a h22 swap. The car for the most part runs fairly good and strong. Most of the time it idles rough(5-700), sometimes throwing the check engine light on and on a few occasions it idles smooth. Any how, i noticed that the vacuum line on the throttle body was capped (see red arrow) and i unplugged it, adjusted the timing, and air flow something??? so far it idles better(a hair below 1000), but i lost alot of low end.

1. is it bad? will i f my car up?
2. is it IAB...and what is that?(i looked up diagram)
3. what should i do, any suggestions? Seems like a stupid question but this may help me get the parts or work done by somewhat know what im talkin about and plus people be hating on this swap and dont even wanna touch it???????

4. can i just hook up a p13 directly. other that speed governor what s the downside of a jdm p13...some guy selling for $60

5. Also what is the valve or thing the green arrow is pointing to

What i know

Running P28 chipped
i was told vtec always open
diagram shows IAB check valve(what ever that is)

goal is to get this running stock

Thanks for the help. Btw i did search and ill i came up with was a headache. Thanks again :thumb: [/img]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59271199@N03/5426881417/
By Eg6H2D
#237784 Do you know how to mess around with the ecu at all?? since it's a chipped p28 you can order replacement chips for your set up IF you dont want to go the fullengine management route..

Just you saying someone say VTEC always ON is just bad. VTEC kicking in too early can hurt the engine big time. your oil pressure and all affects vtec engagement.

that vaccuumm port being capped off hmm. you say u unplugged it and felt you lost low end? who do you know for sure..

ok so here is the site you can order a new chip.. tell them you want the p13 map in there and tell them what else you want and any advice they can give you to help with the map.. www.autocomputersdirect.com formerly Speed Innovations ECU. 1800-773-8656

. thats 35 for a new chip to make sure your running the proper map.

other then dat cough up about 600 for hondata and a virgin p28 and go from there..
By Ajax1989
#237796 the red arrow is where your purge solenoid should be
500-700 is avg idle, 900-1000 is a lil to high

id cap em back up and go back the way u were
By user1
#237830 Thanks for the response guys, i appreciate it!!!!!!!

EG6b20R wrote:Do you know how to mess around with the ecu at all?? since it's a chipped p28 you can order replacement chips for your set up IF you dont want to go the fullengine management route..

No not really

Just you saying someone say VTEC always ON is just bad. VTEC kicking in too early can hurt the engine big time. your oil pressure and all affects vtec engagement.

Just to clarify V-tec may not necessarily be on but the previous owner told me that the valve or butterfly is constantly open

that vaccuumm port being capped off hmm. you say u unplugged it and felt you lost low end? who do you know for sure..

I dont have numbers to prove it but from what i felt before vs now is a huge difference. Also, some posts confirm what i felt...loss of low end and minimal gains high end

ok so here is the site you can order a new chip.. tell them you want the p13 map in there and tell them what else you want and any advice they can give you to help with the map.. www.autocomputersdirect.com formerly Speed Innovations ECU. 1800-773-8656

. thats 35 for a new chip to make sure your running the proper map.

other then dat cough up about 600 for hondata and a virgin p28 and go from there..
[b]

94_jdm_ferio wrote:the red arrow is where your purge solenoid should be

Thanks Ima definitely revert back until i get chance to do some research and check out the autocomp site. Thanks again to you both
By mooze
94_jdm_ferio wrote:the red arrow is where your purge solenoid should be

Honda specifies H22 idle to b at 700rpm +/- 50
since u already have a chipped p28 i can get u a good basemap for about 20 bux shipped