H22A
By ttttrigg3r
#24509 So the H22 has 200hp and 163 lb-ft of torque while other cars like mustang has like 210hp and 240 lb-ft of torque. What does that mean in a race? Does it mean that mustang will beat the h22?
By chnzgoofball
#24512 gotta keep in mind there are a lot of things that can make it go either way... a few things off the top of my head are weight of the cars and driver skills
By ohDirka
#24563 power to weight my friend power to weight
By teal_dx
#24565 3600 lbs vs. 2200 lbs. with equal drivers and manual trannys I'd bet on the H22 hatch. Mustang will take the hatch off the line but down the track the hatch will catch up.
By boxcarracer0260
#24568 there are so many variables in a race (track) that it is hard to say what horsepower and torque really mean. I do know from experience that brakes, suspension, geometry of the suspension, and aerodynamics have a huge roll in racing. I have battled with many cars having double the hp and torque i have and i still won (sometimes not by much) so don't be so up on numbers as much as the overall setup and BALANCE (that is key)
By -EJ1- COUPE
#24590 mustang wont win. personally when mine was running i beat every mustang i raced they were all gt models, i used to take wrx's and stay with sti's its all about the setup and the driver
By -EJ1- COUPE
#24810 mine was stock jdm h22 with an lsd. i had intake header exhaust. thats it for horsepower adders. i just had mounts and axles and some suspension work and thats what helped me take other cars. you should be able to take plenty of cars with an h swap
By weaponr82
#25124 Theres no question. In my ACCORD with minor tuning Id slay older Mustangs after I dropped an H in. Top end! They'd get me for a sec and Id catch em as they shifted gears. So if that H22 is in a civic (like my man H22+lsd) then you'd have 0 problems. You could probably laugh as you pass them :lol:
Speaking of which someone buy my CRX. Its got an H22!
By -EJ1- COUPE
#25191 they use to laugh at me cuz it still said dx on the back but thats what they were always reading so i was the one laughing
By weaponr82
H22+LSD-EJ2 wrote:they use to laugh at me cuz it still said dx on the back but thats what they were always reading so i was the one laughing

Haha! F'in right!
By benskorner
#26817 so u have a dx and u dropped in an h? right now i have no money and no income but im thinking about it for when i get a job in the spring. i have a 92 dx which is pretty slow and obviously im not gonna spend any of my hard earned money on upgrades for the crap motor thats in there now.
By -EJ1- COUPE
#26849 i did have it yes at the moment i dont its in my backyard and i have another coupe
By chnzgoofball
weaponr82 wrote:
H22+LSD-EJ2 wrote:they use to laugh at me cuz it still said dx on the back but thats what they were always reading so i was the one laughing

Haha! F'in right!

thats how u do it :lol:
By -EJ1- COUPE
#26963 it was awesome last year pulling on everyone i miss it. ill be having fun again soon :twisted: :hehe: