H22A
By chrono404
#220392 The Engine has been turbo'd I'm the block has issues as why its all in peices. Even then 650 isn't a bad asking price. Pick up a F22 block or F23 block out of the junkyard and you have pretty much everything else minus an extra oil line to make a "G22"/"G23" Basically same thing as a LS/Vtec but with more Torque.

I would pick it up myself as I have been tempted to do that engine build. however if you have not done any engine work it might be a big project for someone starting out.
By kross
#220393 seems like it would be a great base for a build. if you have the money it would be good to just build an all motor beast, but also you need the mounts, axles, headers... stuff like that. $500 is pretty cheap as jdm h22's go
By bk_civiceg
#220409 I haven't done any major engine work, i've mainly just assembled a block and done several head gaskets but I'm lookin for a project :lol: Hopefully I can get it. I've wanted a JDM H22 :D . Is it advised to go with the H22 tranny?
By Ajax1989
bk_civiceg wrote:I haven't done any major engine work, i've mainly just assembled a block and done several head gaskets but I'm lookin for a project :lol: Hopefully I can get it. I've wanted a JDM H22 :D . Is it advised to go with the H22 tranny?

in order to get a h22 trans in a eg there is some mods that need to happen
like cutting holes and other things like that
prob the main reason people perfer the h2b or h2d kits
:thumb:

there is a write up on here on how to do a h swap into a eg
By bk_civiceg

Yeah I read up on that. It doesn't seem very hard, my problem with the H2B or H2d kits is that they're $800. It just doesn't seem worth it. I mean I already have an D-series Si tranny, but I've heard that H-series have about the same gear ratios? But I don't know how I would like the cable tranny though...
By Ajax1989
bk_civiceg wrote:

Yeah I read up on that. It doesn't seem very hard, my problem with the H2B or H2d kits is that they're $800. It just doesn't seem worth it. I mean I already have an D-series Si tranny, but I've heard that H-series have about the same gear ratios? But I don't know how I would like the cable tranny though...

not sure on the gear ratio
but im not a big fan of cutting into my car for a trans
thats why when i plan on doin this im doin the h2d

but yeah there about 800 for the kit
i think its mooze he has a h23a vtec wit a d serise trans and
he was saying aomething about it bein worth it.. not 100% sure what he said its been months
By bk_civiceg
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
not sure on the gear ratio
but im not a big fan of cutting into my car for a trans
thats why when i plan on doin this im doin the h2d

but yeah there about 800 for the kit
i think its mooze he has a h23a vtec wit a d serise trans and
he was saying aomething about it bein worth it.. not 100% sure what he said its been months

I actually talked to him about it, he was gonna sell it to me, but I didn't think it was worth it. I'm still on the fence about H2d vs. just using the H22 tranny. The main thing is I want a project motor to build over winter. Hopefully I can get this, and hopefully its not something that's missing a bunch of parts or the block is all screwed up.