H22A
By chrono404
#218329 I already know the weakspots of the D's and B's. However im not to keen on what the H's weakpoints. I am doing searches looking at peoples issues with H22's and QSD H2B Kits but was hoping any H Series owners could chime in with their experences or issues they have had or know of. Any input is useful.

I know the H Series use FRM Cylinder walls and according to random people online dont like boost more then "10psi"

a Question i cant find the answer to is the H22 a rev happy engine. I.E. is it cool to leave is sitting at 4k for long periods of time driving down the freeway at 75 with my EM1 b16 tranny.

Does using an H2b kit effect handling? I have read some comments of where they "think" or "figure" it would, however are not 100%.
By dawg316
#218356 the h22 weak spot is the frm and the shitty ringlands on the pistons. for a bolt ons its no biggie but for boost its good to resleave and get new conrod piston combo. the h22 is dope for n/a so id rather rock that then boost it.

the b16 trans may be too short for it id probably look into a gsr or even use the jdm h22 trans with LSD.

i herd that the h22 swap in any eg / ek dose effect handling becuase the motor is sat forward more in the engine bay which is not the most ideal for a good weight distrobution but ive seen many h22 eg's handle awsomely in the corners. bascily the power torque helps it out thru corner exits in which fwd cars need it the most.
By 92dxeg
#218390 i would also love to lern more about the H series cuz all the kids around me are K all the way. dont get mewrong i love the k serers i just dont think it is the best bang for ur buck. andall thekids around me say no dont go H. so i tell them " you guys dont rember the h came b4 the k and that was the 1st all motor honda egine stick to ur roots" so any insite on the h would be alsome
By 1995db7
92dxeg wrote:i would also love to lern more about the H series cuz all the kids around me are K all the way. dont get mewrong i love the k serers i just dont think it is the best bang for ur buck. andall thekids around me say no dont go H. so i tell them " you guys dont rember the h came b4 the k and that was the 1st all motor honda egine stick to ur roots" so any insite on the h would be alsome

there's a guy in jersey,his name is afa and his nephew has a small car crew called alante racing,if you wanna go h or h2b he's the guy to talk to.
By 92dxeg
#218462 now i just want ppl to no iam nt basing k series at all i just beleve power can be mad elsewere for less money thats what iam about

this guy wit the crew all they have is H series ?? cuz right now iam boosting a fully built poor mans r
By RPGonzos_EJ
1995db7 wrote:
92dxeg wrote:i would also love to lern more about the H series ........

there's a guy in jersey,his name is afa and his nephew has a small car crew called alante racing,if you wanna go h or h2b he's the guy to talk to.

This reply is WAAAYYYY off topic, but your reply sounded like some kind of bad drug deal and made me laugh. lol haha :thumb:

On topic i would cruise through the prelude forums, sometimes its easier to go where the motor is "standard" and get info if you know what i mean.

I'm trying to remember all my username and passwords to get into them and ill copy and paste some info when i can!
By 92dxeg
#218505 yea ik iam just saying thats how i feel about the topic but to get back on about the reilablty questions. i have herd that h22 have to many axle probs. and ppl say the swap is too heavy when its only 30 to 40 lbs hever
By Method
92dxeg wrote:yea ik iam just saying thats how i feel about the topic but to get back on about the reilablty questions. i have herd that h22 have to many axle probs. and ppl say the swap is too heavy when its only 30 to 40 lbs hever

what grade are you in? do you have spelling and basic grammar problems?
By Method
#218518 i like my H. as stated the torque is great. the weakest has to be the tranny. takes some time to run through the gears, especially 3rd.
By chrono404
Method wrote:i like my H. as stated the torque is great. the weakest has to be the tranny. takes some time to run through the gears, especially 3rd.

I looked at stock H22 Torque Curves and it made me Drool. 135lbs of torque at 2k? Yes plz. My B20's 100 at 2k isn't doing it for me anymore.

My Friend who has an H22A CB7(90-93 Accord) has had Tranny issues and said the same thing. He wishes he could do H2B in the accord but the Fab work is crazy.

I will be Keeping my Tried and True 99 EM1 B16 Transmission, Still Shifts like butter and has an aftermarket LSD in it. I loved the B20 Torque, Especally with my b16 tranny. However I was always thinking how the b20 doesn't like to rev like b16's do when doing 4k down the freeway. I also have been longing for more power recently and with no superchargers available anymore for the LS/b20 head Im no longer feeling the B20 love.

I'm crusing CB7tuner.com as they have lots of H Series stuff over there and talking to my H22A CB7 Friend about his H. Pretty sure I will be dumping the so Called "Torque Monster" B20 for a H2B with a JDM H22A over the winter. Not only will I make more Torque and Horsepower, I gain VTEC without all the Issues of a B20vtec. :thumb:

Biggest downside i'm looking at currently is I will have to space my hood 1.5" I'm not a fan of the spaced hood look, however you gotta do what you gotta do.
By Method
chrono404 wrote:
Method wrote:i like my H. as stated the torque is great. the weakest has to be the tranny. takes some time to run through the gears, especially 3rd.

I looked at stock H22 Torque Curves and it made me Drool. 135lbs of torque at 2k? Yes plz. My B20's 100 at 2k isn't doing it for me anymore.

My Friend who has an H22A CB7(90-93 Accord) has had Tranny issues and said the same thing. He wishes he could do H2B in the accord but the Fab work is crazy.

I will be Keeping my Tried and True 99 EM1 B16 Transmission, Still Shifts like butter and has an aftermarket LSD in it. I loved the B20 Torque, Especally with my b16 tranny. However I was always thinking how the b20 doesn't like to rev like b16's do when doing 4k down the freeway. I also have been longing for more power recently and with no superchargers available anymore for the LS/b20 head Im no longer feeling the B20 love.

I'm crusing CB7tuner.com as they have lots of H Series stuff over there and talking to my H22A CB7 Friend about his H. Pretty sure I will be dumping the so Called "Torque Monster" B20 for a H2B with a JDM H22A over the winter. Not only will I make more Torque and Horsepower, I gain VTEC without all the Issues of a B20vtec. :thumb:

Biggest downside i'm looking at currently is I will have to space my hood 1.5" I'm not a fan of the spaced hood look, however you gotta do what you gotta do.

the torque is the best, i get a good 2nd gear wheel chirp when i'm really getting into it.

i've never understood why there telling you to space your hood. maybe things change when you got h2b i only have h everything, but i've got a stock cf oem replacement hood. and i never had to space my hood.

my 5th gear on my tranny is fubar'd. if i was going to keep my car longer then i would consider doing the h2b.

you seem kinda worried about running the h2b on the highway, thinking that keeping it at 4k rpm might be bad for it.. how often do you use for long distances?
By chrono404
Method wrote:you seem kinda worried about running the h2b on the highway, thinking that keeping it at 4k rpm might be bad for it.. how often do you use for long distances?

I was more woried with the B20. The H22 is a VTEC engine made to rev upto 8k, I figure It should be good. The longest it would be at 4k steadily (cruise control ftw) would probally be 30-45mins. Even then these wont be often as I have my D15b7/HX Tranny Sedan Daily Driver that gets 40+mpg so I take that normally on long trips.

I very rarely take the Delsol on the Freeway. it almost only sees City Driving, then Back/Mountain Roads where it lives most of its life currently. however I would be lieing if I said I wasn't going over 60mph on them, Normally go quicker on them then I do on the freeway :lol:

I do want to take the car on some cruises though next summer. Want to go to some of the local Valcano's and Run up there fun as hell moutain roads.

With the H2B kits the Engine sits up like |, Similer to how a D and B Sit. Unlike the normal / sloped H22 Swap.

I will be getting an OEM Carbon Fiber Hood next year, My current one has a big dent from the B20 torqueing its mount up. My fault for using OEM mounts. Also given how the Q2B H2B kit work and not sloping the H22 back in the bay it shouldn't effect handling.
By 92dxeg
#218616 so now i would be better off with just a h22 with the h22 lsd trnny i am always on the highway or free way cuz iwanted to do h2b with my ctr tranny that would be alsome
By mooze
#218650 h22 with h or f trans will have axle probs if placement of swap is incorrect. placement is the big key to the full h swap. it is more so on the h2b and h2d. you will prob not have as many probs because your are using mostly oem parts. and its kinds hard to jack up the h2b or h2d swap. if u go full h look into a good set of hybrid axles
By mooze
#218652 o and handling......for every day driving its fine.....for those bats outta hell look of for some understeer. nothing major if u can drive