H22A
By Fzn14
#202264 Ok alln i have searched around and still have not found a answer to my 1 ?. I have a 93 cx hatch and i still have not found a header that with the H22a1 just bolt directly up to a after market exhaust setup. Could someone please give me a little insit on this? some say it needs to be all custom and others say you can bolt it right up. SO any help with this? Thank you

*update*

Ok Now since i am using the prelude harness for the motor instead of the CX harness that came with the car. Can i get away from any of the wiring that was needed if doing the CX harness? And guide to that?
Last edited by Fzn14 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By i8umup
#202266 i did this swap two times. both times i used the dc sports 4-2-1 header and downpipe set up and piped it out the back with 2.5" pipe. i dont think i found a way to get around it. cause the prelude exhaust mounted different under the hatch and a stock hatch pipe wouldnt bolt up to the h series header. but thats what i did. there are a few more ppl on here that have done some h swaps mabe they will chime in with some advice.
By Fzn14
#202267 So did you use the header from the H series or what? and it was able to just bolt correctly up to the head? Or you had to do custom stuff as well?
By i8umup
i8umup wrote:i did this swap two times. both times i used the dc sports 4-2-1 header and downpipe

never used the stock header but regardless the end result will be the same it will not line up with the stock hatch exhaust you will have to fab something at a exhaust shop to make that work with the stock parts.
By JUICE
#202269 not sure about where they meet up to a hatch exhaust but, i've seen H22's in hatch's with the header hanging down low as fuck. I'd make sure it's one thats gonna fit well and maybe just take it to a shop if it doesn't quite line up.
By Fzn14
#202271 Ok well that works. i mean i seen a few on line that are pre-made to fit with H22 swap in the civics but its like $500 so i was just seen if there was a cheaper route or not. i will just spend the money and do it correctly....Just to throw it out there...any other solutions?
By 92dxeg
#202275 spend the money the right way just get the headers it could always be worse they could be 600 or 700 lol but you dont want cheap cuz you buy checp expect cheap
By Fzn14
#202562 Look at the org post. i have a few ?'s there
By mooze
#202795 your going to have to go custom....u can use stock header and downpipe but will still have to get it piped as it wont match up
By Fzn14
#203158 Well everyone...its in...and runs...just waiting on parts to get in the mail :P