H22A
By Method
#197163 Any h engine owners have any cooling issues with the stock civic rad?? Im trying to pin point my cooling problem. The gauge on the dash shows normal range always, i have never seen it go past low normal. I installed a water temp gauge and installed the sensor on the upper rad hose connection right before it goes into the engine block. The temp reads high, 180-200. I can't seem to find the operating temps of an h series.
Another thing to add is that my fan doesn't turn on either. it is a new fan, and at the fuse block i have jumped out the cooling relay and the fan turns on. i grabbed a new relay from the junkyard thinking, i might have a bad relay, but still nothing. Is it possible that i have a bad temp sensor or a thermo sat housing that opens up to allow coolant to flow?
By forcefedEG
#197164 the thermostat is a 195 factory so thats probally not off by much imho.... but it wouldnt hurt moving your temp probe... id get your water temp feed somewhere off the bypass tube in the back of the block somehow.... :? honestly everything sounds normal to me....
By Method
#197286 which direction does coolant flow? through upper house to lower hose, or the the other way around?
maybe im just over reacting...
By mooze
#198008 over reacting......for the fan i would check the fan switch.