H22A
By siraig
#180504 Hey there...

I've been a driver/lover of hondas all my life. have 4 currently. a 95 civic coupe. a 92 accord 4door w/ a h22a swap (currently deceased). and two bikes..

anyhow. I picked up the accord a week ago for 800 before taxes. its got some goodies on it I couldnt pass up the project. I was ripping it the other night after re-doing the front end, brakes ball joints uca steering rack.. and changed the oil. well after pulling to a 100 and slamming the brakes hard to try and bed them in, the car started to stall out. I turned the key it fired back up and i drove off. it has a stage 3 clutch and a lightweight flywheel, i thought maybe i forgot to hit the clutch or let it out of 5th... but as i was driving back to drop a friend off, it did it again. then at the stop light, it stalled out. I turned the key, it cranked and cranked then started but i had to milk the gas to keep it firing. about a half mile from my buddies house i slowed down from highway speeds and the car just stalled out and it hasnt ran since. i turn the key, and the car will not crank. a buddy who knows hondas pretty well grabbed a 19mm and a long ass extention and a socket to turn the crank pulley to see if the motor went, and sure enough, we cant rotate it. soo judging by this I am thinking i may have spun a rod bearing???

but I do not know much about motors, I;m just learning car stuff really. anyone have any input?
By dawg316
#180965 an engine with a spun rod bearing will still run, just knock like hell when running. my guess is that its probably ignition related. try taking out 1 spark plug, ground it to body, then crank the car and have a buddy check if its getting spark. if its getting spark then its probably fuel related, if its not getting spark then you should diagnose your ignition system. usualy it points to the ignitor unit inside the dizzy. engines need spark, and fuel. rule out the possibility to find your problem
By Method
#181015 wait... you went 100mph and slammed on the brakes as hard as you could to bed them in??? what the hell does bed them in mean? and why the hell would you ever do that?
By mooze
Method wrote:wait... you went 100mph and slammed on the brakes as hard as you could to bed them in??? what the hell does bed them in mean? and why the hell would you ever do that?

x2 that was a horrible idea. what do u mean it wont crank....it wont turn over or it turns over but just doesnt start. if it has good compression it could b a b**ch to turn over by hand
By redciv1
#187229 +1 on the timing theory. And if one of the bearings spun, I hope he would be able to share that info with also since a spun bearing is pretty loud.