H22A
By ta72
#177218 Hi, I have a 93 civic si hatch and have a h22a motor in it with a p72 unchipped ob1 gsr ecu that i'm running on,but the vtec don't kick in... I have checked theengine oil pressure which is good,vtec solenoid and put current on it and heard the click noise which seams to be good. Plus i have checked if the vtec wires are connected to the ecu and which is..also there is no check engine light and i have checked to see if all the connectors are connected and they are. This is a mystery to me why the vtec does not seems to kick in,so please help...Also could it be the ecu that i'm running needs to be chipped???
By dawg316
#177242 make shure ur ecu your running is chipped with a h22 fuel map. and vtec only kick in with the oil level toped up and when its at running temperature.
By forcefedEG
#177404 try phearable.net if ur sending in your vtec ecu, i believe he only charges 75 bucks what youll get is a chipped comp. for your application. 28pin eprom chip with data log port 2 step launch cel shift light and u can pick all ur engagement points (id recomend letting them pick it if your not familliar with that stuff) but ive used about 7 or 8 of there ecu's for my own builds or various builds for friends... id def recomend them and shipping urs in and having turnaround isnt bad and if you send a non vtec ecu he charges 100 to convert it to vtec and chip it