H22A
By 92dxeg
#173828 i would like to know the pros and cons of bolth a h22a and a h2b and witch would be faster
By 92dxeg
#173851 now would a h2b be alot faster then a h also if i use the b trans i dont have two switch the shift linkage right? also witch axles will i use ?? just trying to ge info
By dawg316
#173936 h2b: expensiver. use b series trans, axels and keep the rod shifter

h22 cheaper. you gotta make hybrid axels out of other honda cv shafts. ( use a inside one of a certain model, and an outsideone of a certain model) or you can buy expensive aftermarket ones for eg's using an h22 engine.

the h2b is a lil bit faster in the 1/4, around.2 secs i belive. but the h22 trans is good on the top end. i.e roll racing.
By qdogeagles
#175830 i would get an h22a engine and than go h2b will give you the more power and well as the accel the h2b setup does not produce more power just offers a better trans shorter gears and saves on wait also depending on the one you get will offer an lsd as well. but an h22a is stronger depending on which one you get the black top is 205hp 162tq the red top is 220hp and 163tq an regular h22a4 or a2 usdm is only 195hp 160tq even with an h2b on one would still lose to the red top might come out even with the jdm black top so try to get an jdm red top head at least with type s pistons also try to get the type r trans with an h2b kit will run crazy a b16 trans sucks and isent worth the money no lsd in it with a jdm red top and an h2b setup in a hatch eg you should run high 12's easy in the quarter mile a usdm h2b in a hatch you will only run high 13's at the track for almost the same amount of money.
By Method
qdogeagles wrote:i would get an h22a engine and than go h2b will give you the more power and well as the accel the h2b setup does not produce more power just offers a better trans shorter gears and saves on wait also depending on the one you get will offer an lsd as well. but an h22a is stronger depending on which one you get the black top is 205hp 162tq the red top is 220hp and 163tq an regular h22a4 or a2 usdm is only 195hp 160tq even with an h2b on one would still lose to the red top might come out even with the jdm black top so try to get an jdm red top head at least with type s pistons also try to get the type r trans with an h2b kit will run crazy a b16 trans sucks and isent worth the money no lsd in it with a jdm red top and an h2b setup in a hatch eg you should run high 12's easy in the quarter mile a usdm h2b in a hatch you will only run high 13's at the track for almost the same amount of money.

your posts are confusing... h2b will give you more power, but h2b doesn't produce more power...???? make up your mind.
By chrono404
Method wrote:
qdogeagles wrote:i would get an h22a engine and than go h2b will give you the more power and well as the accel the h2b setup does not produce more power just offers a better trans shorter gears and saves on wait also depending on the one you get will offer an lsd as well. but an h22a is stronger depending on which one you get the black top is 205hp 162tq the red top is 220hp and 163tq an regular h22a4 or a2 usdm is only 195hp 160tq even with an h2b on one would still lose to the red top might come out even with the jdm black top so try to get an jdm red top head at least with type s pistons also try to get the type r trans with an h2b kit will run crazy a b16 trans sucks and isent worth the money no lsd in it with a jdm red top and an h2b setup in a hatch eg you should run high 12's easy in the quarter mile a usdm h2b in a hatch you will only run high 13's at the track for almost the same amount of money.

your posts are confusing... h2b will give you more power, but h2b doesn't produce more power...???? make up your mind.

h2b doesn't produce more power, however will be quicker due to transmission gearing.
By forcefedEG
#177741 h2b's run good... if you can aford the adapter and allready have the b series drivetrain it wouldnt be a bad set up. ive used 2 of the QSD h2b kits... they arent really difficlut to install. the main purpose of the h2b is that it gives you the many options of b series gearing... despite what you mite think, LS gears seem to perfrom well with this kit... a friend had a eg hatch with a h2b and a siR trans and another friend had a h2b in a 96 coupe with LS gears... the eg was a bit quicker on the street, but not by alot. and the cars were dead even on the track.... and both setups were practially identical other than gearing. but most things i see say gsr or type R gears perfrom well...
By forcefedEG
#177742 idk about the other h2b kits but you CANNOT use the h22 type sh engine with the QSD kit... the oil filter is in a diff spot, due to the electric diff in the factory sh transmission.... just something to be carefull of when looking at kits and engines...
By eghatch21
#190039 where aould u get a wiring harness for a h2b swap?
By forcefedEG
eghatch21 wrote:where aould u get a wiring harness for a h2b swap?

ive modified dx, ex and even a gsr manual harness to fit... basically all the engine harnesses are pretty close to being able to be used on anything... :thumb: the harnesses have to be manual though
By eghatch21
#190227 thats wat i thought just couldnt remember but ill try doin that
By eghatch21
#190352 a d-series tranny mounted up to a h22?
can that even be done