H22A
By 92dxeg
#173192 ok with a h22 going into a civic i herd u can not put an after market intake manifold is that ture. i was looking to put a skunk 2 or a blox ect.
but i also herd you can get the euro r intake mani and put that on and that would be just as good?
By i8umup
92dxeg wrote:ok with a h22 going into a civic i herd u can not put an after market intake manifold is that ture. i was looking to put a skunk 2 or a blox ect.
but i also herd you can get the euro r intake mani and put that on and that would be just as good?

i have also heard this. it would be nice to get some clarification on this though i do know that with certin mounts the engine sits a a bad angle and puts the intake like less than a inch away from the firewall.
By mooze
#175029 it depends on the mounts you use and where you motor ends up sitting. with my setup i can use an aftermarket manifold
By h22bubbleboy
#175051 i also have head the same thing... i just took mine apart and got itbs but it might not clear i will keep updated
By dawg316
#175107 look at the euro-r mani that came from the EDM h22's. should be the same size but flows much better then the skunk 2 through the lower and mid power band
By mooze
#175572 screw the euro r. (i have one) requires to much work
By i8umup
h22bubbleboy wrote:i also have head the same thing... i just took mine apart and got itbs but it might not clear i will keep updated

oh yes please do. cause if i was to ever go away from my stock intake it would be for the itbs, would like to know if they fit or not before hand :D
By qdogeagles
#175829 a skunk 2 will fit with any rear mount setup into an eg i got hasports and alot of firewall clearence no frabrication needed it flows better than the euro does so dont waste your money on euro trash get an aftermarket but if your not going boost than go with itb's will clear for sure and with a good tune will give back big horsepower gains cant give number because i have a 2.3l g23 setup so its a bigger block makes more power and comes forged from the factory but an h22 aint much smaller so you should get great numbers all the same.