H22A
By 92dxeg
#172882 :?

ok i have a 92 civic ls i want somthing with a little more power but i dont want to turbo it. and i K20,k24 are just two much money and i would like two know if a h22a swap would be worth it if i did full bolt ons,cams, and all the headwork like what whp will i be looking at and 1/4 mile time idk i just want to do somthing diffrent every one has a b and a k help me out here
By JUICE
#172885 so, what model??

a built H22 can easily get 200+ to the wheels.

1/4 will be determined by the weight, gearing, and how well you can drive it.
By 92dxeg
#172902 it would be h22a and i would like to aim for 250 whp nothing crazy just want to be faster then the fucking dubs around here. i just want to know how hard it would be two reach those numbers. and what setup do u think i need to get that high ??
By dawg316
#173015 h22 in an eg is quick. will be neck and neck with a vr6 swap golf.

you can make 250hp at the crank with boltons ( probably, most likely not)but you shouldnt focus on reaching a 250hp goal. once you feel the power of the h22 in such a light weight chasis , there wont be any need on modding it further
By h22bubbleboy
#173028 i have an h series and its stock besides camgears there aftermarket but its quick of the jump without bolt ons im not sure whats my numbers are never took it to the track till weather breaks and till i do some cosmetics but i would go h series just to be different as you can see not many h series on this site so it would be nice to have another on board but what ever you pick its your car and good luck
By ikon
#173058 h is good for straight lines but it all depends on what ur usin it for. people do k and b swaps cuz the compatability and the abundance of aftermarket parts. youll have so much more support and knowledge at hand. ive ran h series hatches at the track at they have no problem getting up and going. :thumb:
By 92dxeg
#173136 well i have a daily so it will be drivin every once and a while i was going to do a ls-t but i got i good deal on a h22a for 1495 with everything.
idk it just seems like a really good turbo set up would cost more just seems cheaper this way idk :?
By qdogeagles
#175831 i went g23 f23 block and internals 2.3l with a jdm h22 head red top stock internals except for valves and retainers and springs for higher reving other than a tuned port an polished it is other wise stock in a eg hatch back with this setup i put down 240whp 181wtq basically an inexpensive way to do a strocker kit with out the exspense or hard work runs crazy strong alot of torqe for an honda i have beaten all b series a faced it runs 12.388 at the track total cost was $1700 for everything and install its called the k killer g23 hibrid or frankinstien wat ever it runs crazy and saved me alot of money i used the rest on upgrading my exsterior go with it if you want to go fast fro a little and dominate my car is one of a few out there and runs hard more than enough power for the streets.