H22A
By i<3myhasback
#17545 i plan to go H2B project (H22 long block w/ b-series tranny) in my hatch...has anyone on this forum done this or has this setup already. i'd like some more info on this setup if anyone has any...thanks
By sihatch9508
#17548 i dont think anyone has that setup on here. im sure they have info and write ups on hondatech about them though. if not H22+LSD-EJ2 is pretty much the h series guru on here and im sure he can help you out
By -EJ1- COUPE
#17564 no one has done this yet i am not doing it myself im rebuilding my tranny. but you do need to use all b-series motor ounts and axles and you need a bellhousing adapter. there is a kit that offers a custom flywheel, clutch, bellhousing adapter, and motor mounts but i forget the name it can be pricey but its worth it
By -EJ1- COUPE
#17572 some quick info

FRAME RAIL ISSUES:
*A SOHC alternator is required(because of its smaller size), as well is the use of a alternator bracket made by ExplicitSpeed that pulls the alternator closer to the block for further clearance(I dont know if the alternator is on the front of a motor on a H series motor, but if not, then this kit repositions it there.)

*The balance shafts located in the H series motors take up a suprising amount of extra rotating mass that can be eliminated with little to no side effects. A company by the name of Kaizen makes Balance Shaft eliminator kits that get rid of the pulleys, and get rid of that extra rotating mass. This makes timing belt changes easier, and provides you with a average of 4hp on a stock motor(dyno proven). Also not much extra vibration is incurred by the removal of these.

*Either you will need to get you stock H series crank pulley machined off so it just is 1 pulley, or somehow get your hands on a Accord EuroR OEM single pulley, which is almost impossible. The easiest wasy is to just have the stock pulley machined.

After all these mods you may still have some clearnace issues, which just have to be cured by banging in the frame rail a little bit.
By i<3myhasback
#17995 hey h22+lsd-ej2 i've seen the H2B project done in a Integra, but never notice about the pulley and alternator...thanks bro
By york62
#18037 lots of usefull info here!
By split sec eg
#33814 buddy of mines doing this swap on his dc.. he say the power is awesome gonna get pic soon[/quote]
By IntegraDA05
#72981 Shit.
This Winter!
Already have the Transmission.
JDM ITR Tranimission Quaife
Tilton Release Bearing Assemblie (Internal Slave Cylinder)
Tilton Twin Disc.
Just need to buy the QSD&im set.
Chris.
By bankxi
#85793 im doing the h2b swap in my hatch no probs at all with the altonater they do sell a relocation bracket to use a d altonater but you dont neeed. the Kaizen makes Balance Shaft eliminator kits are a really good bit of kit. its an expencive way to put a h22 swap into your civic but rod gear change is better than cable. if you get the s80 gearbox out of a dc2 integra your on for a win