H22A
By qdogeagles
#174298 i did a f23 2.3l vtec 5speed swap to my civic planning on going g series g23 later on it is a simple setup you can use hasport mounts for an h22 into an eg it fits perfect thats what i used being all motor it pulls harder than my dohc gsr did i have it in a dx eg hatch performs great pretty sure will pull crazy with a h22 head on it which i plan on doing next called the k killer g23 i converted it to obd1 for tuning purposes im using a p28 ecu chipped and tuned used a f23 short geared 5speed trans stage 3 clutch masters clutch and pressure plate h22 shift linkege easy install the swap went in easy had to eliminate the trans mount for the f23 trans and use a prelude bracket with a custom made hasport trans mount went with a larger cx racing aluminum radiator to keep this big monster cool 400hp approved axels h22 into an eg axel kit you can get them already made the car pulled 14.20 all motor stock sohc vtec at the track with the head and some minor up grades should hit the 12 sec range only cost me $1700 with the vtec h22 head included to do the entire swap if anyone has any questions on this swap let me know.
By dankspeed
#178390 I'm interested in hearing about more F swaps in general. Whats the cost break down of that $1700 spent? Have you dyno'd this combo yet?
By speedracer1094
#178403 i read something about that in import tuner or one of those mags. Def interested in seeing some pics and price info on your set up.
By qdogeagles
#178415 yes it dynoed at 145hp 138tq stock with the pump injectors and tuned we got it to 184hp 177tq wher its at now i spent the whole $1700 to do this swap runs great feels like a worked gsr motor with out the exspense it ran 13.85 at the track like that but i sold the car for $2500 this weekend to a freind who needed it to make a g23 no lose because i only spent $1700 ON EVERYTHING car included i have a ek conerted si coupe 2000 looks great as well any other questions on this swap let me know.
By f23Eh2
#336377 did you use the h22 post mount on the passenger side?
By f23Eh2
#336439 I mean the driver side :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
By Matroofing
#6908700 Ur talking about using the rear t bracket off a prelude and the hasport mount correct? I'm gathering parts to drop a straight f23 in my eg. Read I need post mount to block on driver side off f22, the rear t off a 90 accord lx or prelude, the adapter bracket for trans and the conversion mounts. That correct? Do I eliminate the bracket on front of motor completely? Thank you